5.3.V. The Practice of the Liturgical Life

Good Master, You have deigned to give me some understanding of what the liturgical life is. Am I going to try and offer the duties of my ministry as a pretext for avoiding the effort which You demand, in order that I may put all this into practice? Surely You would answer that it will take no more time to fulfill my liturgical functions in the way You desire me to, than it does already to get through them mechanically. You would tell me to consider the example of so many of Your servants, like Bl. Fr. Perboyre, among others

Cf. his “Life,” Bk. iii, ch. 8 and 9 (Paris, 1890).

who charged by You with unceasing and deeply absorbing occupations to a degree of the highest intensity, was nevertheless a most perfect example of a “liturgical soul.”


a. Remote Preparation

b. Immediate Preparation 

c. Doing My Liturgical Work

Ingen kommentarer: